Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Video Production Experience

To make the nordic video Mac and I used Final Cut Express. It was my first time ever using final cut and I learned a lot about the program. Final cut offers a huge variety of effects and edit abilities that can produce amazing final products. I learned most of the basics of putting clips together and placing effects into clips for transitions or zooms. Most of the editing was done by Mac and I did a lot of observing to see how the program is used. I also don't have final cut on my computer, but I am hoping to purchase the express version or download a free trial to mess with. I am planning on doing more work with video editing at our fall camp nordic trip to quebec in order to continue learning about the program. A big difficulty in making the video was finding the right times to get footage. Because most of our footage was action shots of the team skiing we had trouble filming enough. All in all the video making went well and I enjoyed learning about filming and lots about a new application that I will hopefully continue to be able to use. Fun project and we are very happy with end product of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment